How to Pre-Order Jio Phone?
Jio Phone Bookings are starting at August 24, 2017 from 5:30 pm onwards.You can pre-order this revolutionary device both online and offline.
Before you get excited, here’s what you should know about the most-anticipated Jio’s device, Jio Phone –
- You need to pay Rs. 500 at the time of booking
- The handset is almost free (i.e. by paying Rs. 1500 as security deposit which is refundable after 3 years)
- The delivery of this 4G feature phone starts in September
Now let’s talk about its booking process –
- Customers can book Jio Phone via official website or MyJio app.
- Just open MyJio app and select “Prebook Now”
- Provide the pincode of your area and your phone number and then click “Proceed”
- Jio will send you a booking ID via SMS and app as well.
- Use this ID at the time of pick up from the official retailer
To book Jio Phone for your family or friend, just provide their delivery pincode and phone number and make payment. In that case, the company will send SMS to both you and your friend’s number along with booking ID and address of the nearest retailer.
Price & Delivery
As said before, the device is absolutely free. But to avoid misuse, you will be required to pay Rs. 1500 as security deposit.
How to Pay?
- Pay Rs. 500 at the time of booking
- Pay Rs. 1000 when picking the device to the retailer
Does Jio Phone Feature Wi-Fi Hotspot?
Rumors had it that Jio Phone does include Hotspot. But rumors are rumors. By default, this feature is locked. It seems company doesn’t want its users to share data to other devices. According to the official site, it supports Wi-Fi but it is still not clear whether it supports hotspot or not.
Now let’s talk about its features….
- 4G – Good News! Jio Phone supports 4G VOLTE and includes all the preloaded Jio apps, including JioTV, JioCinema, JioMags, JioMusic etc.
- Camera – It has 1.2 MP of front camera and 2 MP of rear camera.
- Video Calling – It features video calling
- 23 Languages – Including Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi etc, it supports 23 regional languages.
- Voice Command – Simply command it to make a call or send SMS or just play a latest movie trailer or any video on YouTube, it works.
- NFC – For secure payments, it supports Near Field Communication. It means it can connect to your Jan Dhan Account, bank account, debit or credit card, or UPI account for secure payments.
- Emergency Button – Got trapped in unwanted situation? Just long press an emergency button and it will text your emergency contact with exact location.
- Connect to TV – Now you can connect your Jio Phone to your TV through Jio TV cable and watch movies on big screen.
Jio launches Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan offer for Jio Phone. Under this plan, Jio Phone users will get Unlimited SMS, Free Voice Calls for Lifetime, and daily 4G data at just Rs. 153.
Or you can recharge with Rs. 309, if you want to watch movies on TV using Jio Phone TV cable.